Benefits of Massage
What are the Benefits of Massage? For the new-comer to massage, the video here explains what you come to expect when you visit Massage Professionals of Jackson Hole. Please see further discussion on the Benefits of Massage below:
Source: google.com via Massage Professionals JH on Pinterest
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
For more on the Benefits of Massage from the Mayo Clinic, see: Mayo Clinic Benefots of Massage
Additionally, one of the main Benefits of Massage is touch – In Maslow’s Hierarchy of Human Needs, touch ranks very close to the top. Massage Professionals of Jackson Hole is the place to come for that special ‘touch’.